Chris JacksonGetty Images
On May 19, 2018, the world watched as Harry and Meghan said their vows in a televised wedding ceremony before parading through the streets of Windsor. And last year, as they celebrated one year of marriage, fans were delighted when they used their Sussex Royal Instagram account to release a montage of new photographs of their special day. But it will be a much quieter affair for the couple this year as they mark their second wedding anniversary in private and without fanfare.
“They’ll be spending a quiet day as a family,” a family source told T&C. The couple is also not expected to release any new images or messages to mark the moment publicly. Most recently, they shared a video of Meghan reading to Archie as he celebrated his first birthday in support of the Save with Stories initiative.
This content is imported from Instagram. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
It’s been a year of change for the Sussexes, who are currently in L.A. and are widely reported to be staying in Tyler Perry’s Beverly Hills home, although this has not been confirmed by their representatives. But even in these unprecedented times, charity is top of mind for Harry and Meghan.
Since moving to the U.S. as the coronavirus pandemic took hold, the Duke and Duchess have been volunteering with Project Angel Food, delivering meals to people impacted by serious illness. They have also kept in touch with their charities in the UK, releasing video calls and messages of support for their causes.
Last month, when it was revealed that their non-profit would be called Archewell, the couple shared a statement explaining the decision behind the name but also saying: “Like you, our focus is on supporting efforts to tackle the global Covid-19 pandemic.” They concluded: “We look forward to launching Archewell when the time is right.”
The Sussexes stepped back as working royals at the end of March following negotiations with the rest of the royal family over their future. In January, Harry said in a speech to his charity Sentebale that the decision was “not one I made lightly” but that “there really was no other option.”
He added: “I will continue to be the same man who holds his country dear and dedicates his life to supporting the causes, charities and military communities that are so important to me.”
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io