Princess Charlene, 43, shared a few adorable pictures with her 334,000 followers on Instagram showing her twin children Prince Jaques and Princess Gabriella, six, enjoying a day out at Monaco’s annual Dog Show on Saturday. The children were depicted in the company of their aunt Princess Caroline and cousins Charlotte Casiraghi and Melanie-Antoinette de Massy while petting and admiring pets.
However, the attention of many of Charlene’s online followers focused on the fact that little Gabriella was pictured wearing a pink splint on a wheelchair.
Some expressed their concern and well-wishes for the young royal who, despite her injury, appeared very happy to be out and about in the company of dogs.
One Instagram user wrote: “What happened to her leg? Poor thing”
Another said: “What’s the matter with Princess Gabriella?”
A third asked: “OH MY! Gabriella is in a cast in a wheelchair… did she have a fall?
“Sending all good wishes for her speedy recovery so that she can romp and play again whenever she is healed!”
Another added: “Adorable pictures, I hope Princess Gabriella is ok”
Yet another said: “Shame what happened to little Bella’s leg”.
Finally, one wrote: “She’s a little child it happens.
“Children always broke things as growing up. Get well soon cutie”.
Doting mum Charlene did not mention Princess Gabriella’s injury when sharing the snaps from the Dog Show, taking place at Monaco’s Espace Fontvielle exposition area.
She wrote as caption: “Spending time with their auntie HRH Princess Caroline and their cousins at the annual dog show…”
The royal palace did not issue a statement to explain why the six-year-old was wearing a splint.
A source claimed to People magazine the injury is “just a sprain.”
They added: “She took a bad fall while playing.”
Princess Gabriella and Prince Jaques’s day out came a few days after the twins started attending François d’Assise-Nicolas Barré (FANB), a Catholic school in Monaco.
The children were accompanied to school only by their father Prince Albert II, 63, as Charlene remains in South Africa while fighting a severe ENT infection.
The former Olympian travelled to her homeland in May, where she had planned to stay for a few days to carry out important conservation work with her Foundation.
However, she remained stuck there after developing an infection following a sinus lift and bone graft held in preparation for dental implants.
She has since undergone three procedures to heal, including a four-hour-long surgery on August 13.
As it emerged earlier this month, Princess Charlene was also rushed to hospital on September 1.
The Monegasque palace said in a statement: “On the night of September 1, Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco was taken to hospital after becoming ill due to complications from a serious ENT infection.
“Her Highness is being closely followed by her medical team, who say her condition is reassuring.”
She was discharged within the same week.
— to www.express.co.uk