While things will continue to look a bit different this semester, there are still plenty of ways to find your fit at the Rec Centers on campus! Whether you’re looking to be more active, meet new people or explore new hobbies, the Rec Center is a great place to get started.
Here are a few ways to get involved if you want to:
Visit the Rec Center
The Main Student Recreation Center is open to all full-fee paying students with a Rec Center membership. The Will Vill Recreation Center will be open starting Monday, Feb. 15.
In order to visit the Rec Centers on campus, students must make an area-specific reservation through the online Recreation portal or the Rec Center app. All members and staff are required to wear a face covering, follow physical distancing guidelines and wipe down equipment before and after use.
Workout with others
Having a workout buddy can help keep you motivated and accountable. If you’re looking for a fun way to workout with others, check out these options:
- Group fitness classes: Snag a Be Fit Pass to access over 30 group fitness classes each week, including yoga, cycle, cardio, strength and more! Class sizes are limited and allow you to workout with a core group of people. Join your favorite instructors in person or virtually. View a full schedule of classes.
- Turf fit: The Rec Center is now offering Turf Fit! Make a 2nd floor cardio reservation online to enjoy a fun workout at the indoor turf gym with kettlebells, dumbbells, agility ladders, hurdles, plyo boxes and more!
- Small group training: Join a small group training class to improve your strength, cardio or flexibility from home or in person with guidance from a personal trainer. You’ll be able to meet new people and workout with the same group each week! Equipment is included.
Explore the great outdoors
Living in Boulder allows us to explore some of the most scenic natural areas in Colorado, right in our own backyard! If you’re interested in getting outside this semester, the Rec Center has a number of resources available through the Outdoor Program.
- Trips and courses: There are a number of trips and courses available so you can participate in a wide variety of activities, including kayaking, fly fishing, scuba diving, hiking and backpacking, climbing, avalanche safety and more.
- Wilderness workshops: Take advantage of free Wilderness Workshops to learn basic outdoor skills, like making your own custom maps, scuba basics and summer trip planning.
- Equipment rentals: Planning your own outdoor adventure? You can rent a variety of outdoor equipment to bring with you! The Outdoor Equipment Rental Center provides camping, climbing, water and winter equipment rentals to students, staff and faculty.
- Virtual OP: Get connected with the outdoor community at CU through free virtual programs, including student webinars, online film festivals, Q&A sessions and other activities. They also have free resources, information and tip sheets available online.
Sports can be a fun and creative way to stay active. Here’s one way to get involved in sports at CU Boulder:
- Intramural (IM) Sport leagues: The Rec Center has a number of intramural sports leagues you can join, including indoor soccer skills, archery, badminton, ping pong, esports, putt-putt, a virtual 10K and more. IM Sports are a great way to meet new people, form teams and participate in friendly competition.
Try something new
Trying something new can be scary. Inclusive Recreation offers free inclusive events and supportive communities to help you get started.
- Inclusive Rec events: Inclusive Rec hosts a number of free events throughout the semester to promote allyship, personal development and connection.
- Free Friday Power Hour: Want to join a group fitness class but don’t have a Be Fit Pass? The Rec offers a free class every Friday as part of their Free Friday Power Hour! This is a great way to explore different types of fitness and try something new.
Workout from home
Prefer to workout from home? The Rec has you covered.
- Learn how to set up a home gym: Check out this article with 3 tips to create an at-home gym (for free)!
- Virtual fitness: Join virtual fitness classes for free all semester long. The Rec offers pre-recorded and live sessions with your favorite instructors.
- Equipment check out: Want to workout from home but don’t have equipment? Students can checkout equipment for free from the Main Student Rec Center! Reserve a variety of equipment, including dumbbells, kettlebells and resistance for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Get personalized support
Want to start a new workout routine but don’t know where to start? Here’s one way to get more personalized support:
- Personal training: Meet your fitness goals this year with the help of an ACE-certified personal trainer. You can work one-on-one with a personal trainer at the Rec Center or virtually from anywhere.
Learn more about upcoming opportunities and events at The Rec by following us on social (@CUHealthyBuffs)!
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
More Health & Wellness Articles