Snag a seat (or watch from home) at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Labor Day, Monday, September 13 to Sunday, September 19, 2021.
This week, the Astros host a Hispanic Heritage Month series all weekend long, the Dynamo look to get one over their rival, and a challenging 10K will send runners uphill and back again over the water.
Want to dig deeper on sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports happening all month long in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 6 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Albuquerque Isotopes at Constellation Field | Thursday, September 16 to Sunday, September 19 – Catch one of the final home series of the Minor League season when the Skeeters host the Isotopes. Pick your night to enjoy some family fun, including discounts on hot dogs and beer on Thursday, post-game fireworks on Friday, or a special piggybank giveaway on Saturday. Tickets start at $8. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Arizona Diamondbacks at Minute Maid Park | Friday, September 17 to Sunday, September 19 – Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month at the ballpark, with special giveaways that include a Jose Altuve replica jersey, Friday night fireworks, a Yordan Alvarez bobblehead, special performances, and more. Tickets range from around $15 to more than $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork marketplace. Times vary.
- College Football: Houston Cougars vs. Grambling State Tigers at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, September 18 – The Coogs host the Grambling State Tigers out of Louisiana. Tickets range from $20 to $125, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. FC Dallas at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, September 18 – After a late 2–2 draw in August, the Dynamo get another crack at their rivals from up north. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Toughest 10K at Kemah Boardwalk | Sunday, September 19 – Get the blood pumping in the morning at this daunting 10K that sends runners from the Kemah Boardwalk across the massive Seabrook-Kemah Bridge and back again. Registration is $60 until Tuesday, September 14; $65 until Race Day; $75 day of the race. 7am.
- Run Houston! at University of Houston | Sunday, September 19 – Lace up your running shoes for a return to the finishing line as the Run Houston! series gets underway with an in-person 10K, 5K, and Kids K, along with virtual options for those who feel more comfortable running their own course. Registration is $60 for 5K; $65 for 10K; $35 for Kids K. Start times are staggered from 7am to 7:30am.